Sunday, March 31, 2013

Reflections on Day 2

375 miles of amazing scenery

A couple who stopped to let me walk across the street, then made a point to wish me a Happy Easter

Just enough rain to wash my car

With less driving to do, I was able to sleep in, talk to strangers, get lost (again), and enjoy the day (again). Music varied throughout the day. I sang along with the Carpenters until the angst of the lyrics made me want to slit my wrists. Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles saw me through much of the drive.  k.d. lang was my choice for my arrival in Santa Cruz.
My plan is to be here for two days but I have only one site on my schedule. I am allowing whatever happens, to happen. One thing you can count on though: it will be fun.
I hope the rain stops because I want to dance in the streets. I both heard and read that they do that spontaneously here, and since I know no one here, I think I will dance with them. 
I wish you all well.  Life is good, you know.






4 comments:

  1. Hi Christie, I just got back from the desert visiting family and celebrating Easter. Ate too much! Decided to tune in- so I got your blog info and here you are (or there you are)? Have a great adventure and I will stay in touch.
    Donna M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get to dance. Love Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have that " constant craving " for a " peaceful easy feeling " however " you have only just begun " so don't stop thinking about tomorrow.
    Now several bands played different versions of " dancing in the street ". My favorite of course is van halen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie: The weather cleared and it was beautiful today. I went downtown but there was no dancing going on. I was ready though! However, my thoughts dance in my head...or are they visions of sugarplums? Something's dancing up there. Love you!
    Donna: I'm glad you are getting some rest and family time!
    Peter: You continue to crack me up. I love your posts! I think I have to go with the original, Martha and the Vandellas, though.

    ReplyDelete