Sunday, March 31, 2013

Musical Road

I drove how many hours for this?

I was really excited about this one! The story is that Honda built this road in Lancaster that when one drove over it, the grooves "played" the William Tell Overture. Cool!!!! I had to experience it!
The road from Barstow to Lancaster is NOT a freeway.  And I cannot blame Google Maps for my missing one turn... I blame "book on CD".  It seems that I cannot listen AND navigate at the same time.  
I finally made it to the road, and the signage was clear.  I kept it at 50 mph, radio off, and prepared myself to be amazed. It was somewhat akin to driving over a cattle guard. Again and again.  And again.  It was fortunate that it was a relatively short distance.  So I drove it again, this time with my iPhone set to record.  However, it turns out my phone was on camera, not video, and all I got was a picture of the road. So, I drove it again.  Not sure, but I think the recording is on mute.

Christie and Technology... Ah, the World Has Righted Itself.




8 comments:

  1. I can just see you turning around and going again and again. Belly laughter hit me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That wasn't exactly the way I looked at it at the time...but do now!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, but you would get the recording on the first try!

      Delete
  3. Ah, " life is good ". When your educated sister flounders with techie stuff just like her brother Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter = WHERE ARE YOU today????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like a daily Mulligan or two or three to get just the right footage, or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got it! Persistence paid off, even though I didn't realize it.

    ReplyDelete