Saturday, March 30, 2013

Slab Wash...Or "Behind Salvation Mountain"

Unbelievable! 

After going to the mountaintop, I decided to ride my bike on the desert back roads. At first I thought I was heading toward some RVers. However, I realized that what I was seeing was a small city of old trailers. Their residents were just beginning to stir, maybe because their dogs were busily chasing me down the road. I was less afraid of the half Cattle dog/half Hyena than I was of the pair of Chihuahua's.  But I digress. The two men that I ended up talking to were an old stoner and a conspiracy theorist. The theorist asked me to not ride through his "garden" but let me know I was welcome to walk through it. I cannot really describe the scene, so pictures will have to do. 















A new definition of garden...

8 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, I feel so inadequate with the tomato plant that I planted last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine you could find a uniquely designed topsy-turvy from these guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is getting interesting. I so wish you had recorded your chats with these folks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that would have put the conspiracy theorist over the edge, and as near I could tell, he was already on the precipice. Communicating with the old stoner was taking too long...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, if this is art, maybe I could charge admission for people to come see my kids' rooms; My thought about this art(?) was, just because you can does not mean that you should.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These people have a lot of time on their hands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes. The location was on a movie I have chosen to forget the name of in order to keep my mental stability. What you experienced is perfectly normal for that latitude, longitude, and minutes/seconds. The desert was designed by God for buggies, motorcycles, trailers, quads, and quacks. He's fair that way. I hope you have enjoyed my Easter sermon.

    ReplyDelete