Saturday, March 30, 2013

Elmer's Bottle Tree Ranch

Is there no end to "things you can make with trash"?

Leaving the Salton Sea, I was off to Barstow. I seemed to be trying to find the longest route to Santa Barbara possible, while remaining in California. I have a word of caution here...  Do NOT trust Google maps.  I had printed out my itinerary prior to my trip, and had complete directions.  Who needs GPS???  Just an expensive add-on to the purchase price of a car.  Besides, I had my iPhone to fall back on.
I was halfway to Palmdale before I started questioning why I was heading east, rather than north. My car has proven to be very good at u-turns.  I was getting a little irritated with it all, when I happened to stop at Baker's in Victorville/Adelanto (I used a slash, because, honestly, I have no idea where I was).  I met the nicest couple there who gave me detailed directions. I couldn't get that with Siri!  Renewed by kindness, I continued on and found myself on the old route 66.  Trains went by, and I started looking for a Harvey House.  Instead, I found Elmer's Bottle Tree Ranch.  Below is proof that I made it there, so that you don't have to.












4 comments:

  1. I love that you took a picture of Route 66 painting in the street. Now what to do with it. hummm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elmer does some serious recycling! That must have been cool to see. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adelanto is also home of Safeway sign company, a business that sells traffic signs. It's also the gateway, I mean get gas then get the heck out, to the eastern sierras

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul: I will be framing that picture and giving it as a Birthday present. Tell me, do you like walnut or cherrywood?
    Christine: So far it seems like all I have seen is some serious recycling!
    Peter: I wish I had known that about the sign company...

    ReplyDelete