Sunday, March 31, 2013

Ostrichland, USA

"Do NOT call me an Emu!"

Leaving Santa Barbara, I headed to Buellton, not for pea soup, but to see acres of ostriches roaming free.  What I found was acres of ostriches who had learned that if they hung out at the fence, they would be fed. I carefully read the instructions and cautions about feeding them. In spite of that, I was nervous when holding out the food. But I cast caution to the wind (and the remainder of the food when an ostrich pecked at me) and fed them...a snack.



Yes, they do. 




"Trust Me"


5 comments:

  1. Trust me please trust me the ostriches so very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ostrich Emu PotAtoe. PotOtoe. By the way Christie, not sure which photo is you and which one is the ostrich. Did you know there is an emu farm that sells emu oil in Ramona?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emus are nasty too. Oil and gorgeous eggs are the only redeeming features. No need to visit! Ta, Laurie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What does one do with Emu oil? Cook with it? Moisturize with it? Lube a car with it? I would hate to be the one who has to de-oil an emu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's over isn't it?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T5rCSmduaY
    Isn't it over!

    R.I.P. GulliblesTravels, we had a good run.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4txVqr1eNwc






























    MEMES BUTT HOLE MEMES

    ReplyDelete