Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Ukuleles, Coffee, Redwoods, and Banana Slugs

A Lesson on Just "Going with It"

Where do you go after a concrete ship? Ukuleles in Felton seemed like a great idea! So I headed that way, only to find it did not open until 12:00. Good fortune was mine though, because there was a coffee shop just doors away! Sitting outside with my latte, I imposed myself (as I have become quite comfortable doing) on the two next to me. Stephen and Helga were quite happy to tell me all about the area and suggested I walk through the Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park to see the last remaining original redwoods. My good fortune continued as I not only saw the majestic trees, but also saw several banana slugs as well.

Me, helping to hold up this tree
The path through the park




What is not to love?

Stephen, my tour guide for Felton.  He also knew so much about Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young that I had to Google Stephen Stills and make sure I had not just been talking to him. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Christie-
    wow, banana slugs? Do they really taste like banana? And did they go well with the coffee and Ukulele music? Just askin'
    It sounds like you are having a very enlightening trip! I am happy for you. Did you read "Eat, Drink, Pray"? You might like it (at least the movie)! Keep on keepin' on!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not think to ask at the nature center. However, I was told that it was very lucky to kiss a banana slug. Just not sure if it's lucky for me or the slug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Loved today's adventures....you make all of it look like an adventure...a new way to look at time off and trips...keep it all coming..we love it...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan would like to know, did you kiss the banana slug? She says you are on an adventure and you should live it up. I was thinking that you should wrap one up and take it back with you to the Banana Museum, I am sure the curator would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The slugs are cool to look at from a distance but gross. Now, I must address your coffee intake. It seems there is quite a bit, which leads me to surmise that you are wearing a cross country get to my destination diaper.

    ReplyDelete