Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Reflections on Day 5

A bear claw with marzipan
Allowing myself to be gullible
Feeling like a Rock Star

The highlight of my day today was running into the two students from school.  I was greatly touched by their genuine excitement to see me there. But I feel like I have let them down in a way by not knowing their names.  I know the students who are frequently enmeshed in trouble.  The students who do not pass through my office do not attract my attention.  What a sad, yet powerful, revelation. Because how many times in life have I given my attention to the negativity in it, rather than embracing what is good, and positive?
Tomorrow I head south.  I have a couple of stops on the way to keep it interesting, but knowing me, after those, I will push to get home. In one sense the time has flown by, and in another sense it seems like I have been gone a long time. I think that means it has been a great vacation, and also that I enjoy what I have at home.

Happy trails,


3 comments: